[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - JNDI Problem ?

ChristopheA do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 18 12:58:44 EDT 2007

Hi.

I have the following problem...

I'm using 2 session beans, with same class name, but different packages :

  | package evenium.ejb3.test.example1;

  | @Stateful
  | @Name("test.example1.search")
  | @Scope(ScopeType.SESSION)
  | public class SearchAction implements Search
  | {
  | }
  |

  | package evenium.ejb3.test.example2;

  | @Stateful
  | @Name("test.example2.search")
  | @Scope(ScopeType.SESSION)
  | public class SearchAction implements Search
  | {
  | }

When I call one of them from a view, I get something like :

  | GRAVE: Error Rendering View[/example2/search.xhtml]
  | org.jboss.seam.InstantiationException: Could not instantiate Seam component: test.example2.search
  | Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: local not bound

During JBoss AS startup, the two components seem to be loaded :

  | INFO  [Component] Component: test.example1.search, scope: SESSION, type: STATEFUL_SESSION_BEAN, class: evenium.ejb3.test.example1.SearchAction, JNDI: Global_EAR_Project/SearchAction/local

  | INFO  [Component] Component: test.example2.search, scope: SESSION, type: STATEFUL_SESSION_BEAN, class: evenium.ejb3.test.example2.SearchAction, JNDI: Global_EAR_Project/SearchAction/local

Except they have identical JNDI names...

If a rename one of the two beans (let's say : SearchActionX), everything runs fine... I imagine I could also use @JndiName for every bean - somehow tedious.

In my components.xml I have :

<core:init jndi-pattern="PhaseII_Global_EAR_Project/#{ejbName}/local" debug="true"/>

Shouldn't #{ejbName} be replaced by qualified class name ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4055310#4055310

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4055310