[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Capturing User Entered Password for Legacy Applicaton Use/ R

ennova2005 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 19 14:48:06 EDT 2007

We are developing a portlet that will connect to a remote application that requires an inline  username/password for authentication.

Although we are able to use the "same" user name/password for that application as for the portal  but the legacy application is not single signon enabled.

How, or can we,  have the JBOSS portal server provide to our portlet the password string as entered/typed by user on the initial login ?

IBM WS and BEA provide a way to do this by means of some extra configuration for remote portlets ( credential vaults, shared authentication etc)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4055782#4055782

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4055782