[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: javax.el.ELException , unable to localize the error

dkane do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 19 15:06:53 EDT 2007

"ChristopheA" wrote : Is your findPart method declared in the PartSearch interface ?

Yes

@Local
  | public interface PartSearch
  | {
  |   public int getPageSize();
  |   public void setPageSize(int pageSize);
  |
  |   public String getSearchString();
  |   public void setSearchString(String searchString);
  |   public String getSearchPattern();
  |
  |   public void findParts();
  |   public void nextPage();
  |   public boolean isNextPageAvailable();
  |
  |   public void destroy();
  |

  | }

I've just played a bit with (un)commenting references to partSearch component in xhtml page.
Interesting results :

action="#{partSearch.findParts}"  -  throws Exception
actionListener="#{partSearch.findParts}" - throws Exception
value="#{partSearch.pageSize} - works
action="#{partSearch.nextPage}"   -  throws Exception
rendered="#{partSearch.nextPageAvailable}" - works

Looks like property-invoking methods works but action-methods of type void does not work.
Any ideas ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4055789#4055789

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4055789