[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: How do folks layout pages: panelgrids (embedded tables)

Delphi's Ghost do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 19 15:32:51 EDT 2007

In theory, it should be easier if you are using facelets since you should already have your view code split into sections such as header, body, menu, footer etc, it's just a matter of putting the <ui:insert> facelet tags into the right place in the layout table, or wrapping the <ui:insert> in a div set to the style of the layout css.

I think a more important question is intra-page layout such as form layout. Css is good for overall page layout and design, but not so much for in-page items such as form layout.

I hate having to use a panel grid to layout forms, and then in one cell, have another panel grid or other wrapper, because I want a button next to the edit box, and the panel grid won't by default let me put two items in the same cell.

Of course, one could argue that the ability to easily change layout when css is used is moot when you start using facelets since you are already grouping your content into sections. Whether it is wrapped in a table or css divs amounts to personal choice based on the arguments for using either one.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4055798#4055798

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4055798