[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Re: the never ending flow of optimistic locking questions

beligum do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 20 09:02:12 EDT 2007

Hi Fernando, thanks for your response.

Please let me recapitulate to check if I understand everything correctly.

So I have a JSF form with a submit-button, linked to the POJO action method.
This action has an (TransactionAttributeType.REQUIRES_NEW) annotation, so it will start a new transaction. If it's fired, it must get the entity-bean from the SFSB DAO. This will possibly fail, catching the OptimisticLockException when it does.

Then, the SFSB DAO is (how?) contacted to load the changes from the DB and merge them into the stale object?

Last paragraph is a bit unclear to me, can you elaborate on this?

Bram

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4056005#4056005

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4056005