[jboss-user] [JBoss/Spring Integration] - Accessing app_1's spring beans in app_2's config file

mr_belowski2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 20 12:28:47 EDT 2007

Hi folks,

I've got a 'server' application which has a set of beans defined in its config xml. I've got a client webapp which uses these (they're injected in Tapestry pages). The structure looks a bit like this:

server_app.spring
 ->someClasses
 ->META-INF
    ->jboss-spring.xml

client_app.ear
 ->webapp.war
    ->WEB-INF
       ->applicationContext.xml

jboss-spring.xml defines some beans, and I'm trying to access these in the webapp.

jboss-spring.xml contains
BeanFactory=(server_app)
then the bean definitions

webapp's applicationContext.xml contains
BeanFactory=(webapp) ParentBeanFactory=(server_app)
the some webapp specific bean definitions.

Some of the webapp bean definitions reference beans defined in the server app - e.g.

I name the apps so the server one gets deployed first. When the client app is deployed it can't create this someWebAppBean, saying "No bean named 'someServerBean' is defined. So the deployment fails.

Is there a configuration step I'm missing? Have I done something silly?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4056124#4056124

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4056124