[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Portlet customization with respect to user rloes

brownfielda do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 20 13:38:32 EDT 2007

I am having problems with the same thing, actually.

web.xml contains:

  | <security-role>
  |     <description/>
  |     <role-name>Administrators</role-name>
  | </security-role>
  | <security-role>
  |     <description/>
  |     <role-name>Users</role-name>
  | </security-role>

portlet.xml contains:

  | <security-role-ref>
  |     <role-name>Users</role-name>
  |     <role-link>Users</role-link>
  | </security-role-ref>
  | <security-role-ref>
  |     <role-name>Administrators</role-name>
  |     <role-link>Administrators</role-link>
  | </security-role-ref>

and I'm trying to run the following code:

  | if(request.isUserInRole("Administrators"))
  |     System.out.println("Administrators");
  | else if(request.isUserInRole("Users"))
  |     System.out.println("Users");
  | else
  |     System.out.println("user is in an unknown role");

The final else clause catches everything, no matter which account logs in.  I've tried this in many different ways, changing capitalization and whether or not there is an 's' on the end.  Nothing has worked so far.

Is there something I'm missing in the XML configs?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4056148#4056148

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4056148