[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Lookup for JmsXA returning null

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 21 06:24:23 EDT 2007

Well, it appears to work, but be very careful!

"mskonda" wrote :  Let me know if there's any obvious pitfalls.

This is what I said about you could have a transaction manager on the client side, which is what you have done.

This is probably a very dodgy thing to do, since you are unlikely to have a trusted or reliable file system on which the transaction is reliably logged.

So if the disk fails, or the user deletes the local objectstore after your tx has failed, you are hosed.

Also you have no recovery manager, so if the transaction fails mid way through it won't get recovered.

So, my advice is not to do this!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4056384#4056384

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4056384