[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Single MDB Instance Required

mirabis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 21 07:06:00 EDT 2007

Hello community,

i am developing an Event Driven architecture using j2ee (MDB) on JBoss. In this Architecture the incoming business events (raw events) will be fetched by a MDB, wich forward the raw events to Event Stream Processor. My Problem is that JBoss instantiate multiple instances of my MDB. It means the same event will be delivered repeatedly. I just tried to force JBoss to limit the number of MDB instances. But it was useless. My jboss.xml look like this:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE jboss PUBLIC
          "-//JBoss//DTD JBOSS 3.2//EN"
          "http://www.jboss.org/j2ee/dtd/jboss_3_2.dtd">
<!-- The jboss.xml descriptor for the jrmp-comp.jar ejb unit -->

    <enterprise-beans>
		<message-driven>
			<ejb-name>EventInputAdapterBean</ejb-name>
			<destination-jndi-name>topic/rawEventTopic</destination-jndi-name>
			<configuration-name>Standard Message Driven Bean</configuration-name>

			<invoker-bindings>

					<invoker-proxy-binding-name>event-message-driven-bean</invoker-proxy-binding-name>

			</invoker-bindings>
		</message-driven>
		<message-driven>
			<ejb-name>ComplexEventInputAdapterBean</ejb-name>
			<destination-jndi-name>topic/complexEventTopic</destination-jndi-name>
			<configuration-name>Standard Message Driven Bean</configuration-name>
			<invoker-bindings>

					<invoker-proxy-binding-name>event-message-driven-bean</invoker-proxy-binding-name>

			</invoker-bindings>
		</message-driven>
    </enterprise-beans>

	<invoker-proxy-bindings>
		<invoker-proxy-binding>
			event-message-driven-bean
			<invoker-mbean>default</invoker-mbean>
			<proxy-factory>org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker</proxy-factory>
			<proxy-factory-config>
				DefaultJMSProvider
				StdJMSPool
				1
				1

					10

						queue/DLQ
						10
						0

			</proxy-factory-config>
		</invoker-proxy-binding>
	</invoker-proxy-bindings>

i also made some changes in conf/jbossstandard.xml. The referenced configuration "Standard Message Driven Bean" like following:
     <container-configuration>
      <container-name>Standard Message Driven Bean</container-name>
      <call-logging>false</call-logging>
      <invoker-proxy-binding-name>message-driven-bean</invoker-proxy-binding-name>
      <container-interceptors>
        org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor
        org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor
        org.jboss.ejb.plugins.RunAsSecurityInterceptor
        <!-- CMT -->
        org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT
        org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor
        org.jboss.ejb.plugins.MessageDrivenInstanceInterceptor
        <!-- BMT -->
        org.jboss.ejb.plugins.MessageDrivenInstanceInterceptor
        org.jboss.ejb.plugins.MessageDrivenTxInterceptorBMT
        org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor
        org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor
      </container-interceptors>
      <instance-pool>org.jboss.ejb.plugins.MessageDrivenInstancePool</instance-pool>
      <instance-cache></instance-cache>
      <persistence-manager></persistence-manager>
      <container-pool-conf>
        1
	 true

      </container-pool-conf>
    </container-configuration>

can you please tell me, what my mistake is.

thanks
Saeed

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4056409#4056409

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4056409