[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: initial default page not displayed from source build

Antoine_h do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 21 13:24:51 EDT 2007

Hello,

I got the same problem : minimal portal
but with JBoss AS 4.0.5 and the nightly build of portal (of june 20th).

I took the JBoss Portal bundled with JBoss AS (4.0.5), installed it.
After, I took the nightly build of portal and did the "build deploy" in the build folder.
I got a new jboss-portal.sar, in the deploy folder.
but :
 - only 4.9 Mo instead of about 12Mo
 - a lot of war and sar were missing inside it (no portal-admin.sar, as an example).
 - only the "minimal portal" : login page, userportlet, like you

So it is not because of JSF !
It is because the war and sar are not there...
I thaught I had missed something in deploying the nigthly build, so I went back to the regular release package.
So it seem there is a problem there.
May be the way I did the deploy : the doc may lack something ? an option ?

About EJB3 :
My portal is working with EJB3, with jboss 4.0.4GA and JBP 2.4.1SP1.
I did the installation of jboss 4.0.4GA and JBP XXX (I don't remember which one it was) with the jems installer
note : ask for the option of EJB3 when installing.
Then I updated the portal with JBP 2.4.1SP1 (when it was released).
it works fine.

I remember also I added the latest Hibernate version (that was 3.2.3ga) with also the jars for annotation and persistence manager etc... to use annotation in the EJB3 way.
All worked fine.

And with MyFace 1.1.5.

So : jboss 4.0.4GA and JBP 2.4.1SP1 and MyFace 1.1.5 are ok with EJB3
after : I am now upgrading with JBP 2.6... don't know yet. It should be ok for EJB3, as this is quiet separate from the way the portal run.
But there are still some little things that may be a problem with JBP2.6 (like the myface stuff... that will be resolved soon I hope...).

Hope it helps...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4056608#4056608

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4056608