[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - FOR UPDATE

jpebe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 21 18:51:21 EDT 2007

Hi there at JBoss

I am using JBoss 4.0.4 and MySQL 5.0.27nt, and am wondering if there are some issues with the setting of the <row-locking> attribute in the standardjaws.xml and standardcmp.xml.  I have set this value to true, but when I visit my MySQL logs I do not see the "FOR UPDATE" sql construct post-pended to the select queries (queries on the EntityManager).  This FOR UPDATE ensures that the rows are locked for the length of the transaction.

Any Ideas ?

Many Thanks,
Jean-Paul Ebejer, Malta.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4056686#4056686