[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - MTOM + WS Security = problem

mr_d do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 22 03:48:50 EDT 2007

Hello,

Has anyone tried to have a web service with mtom *and* ws security activated?

I did some tests with a web service as an ejb3 stateless bean and a Java standalone client (using the client parts of JbossWS): mtom only works, ws-security only works. But when I enable both, I get an exception:

javax.xml.ws.soap.SOAPFaultException: Endpoint {http://foo.org/mtom}ServiceImpl does not contain
operation meta data for: {http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#}EncryptedData

If I inspect the network communication, the client seems to use ws-security and put all the data as an encrypted envelope. There is no binary attachment anymore. On the server side, it seems that ws-security cannot be enabled with mtom, as the exception suggests.

Maybe the two standards are not compatible to work together. I didn't found any information that says: no, no, no don't use mtom with ws-security.

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment,

Let me know if my description is not clear enough,

best regards,

:oD.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4056751#4056751

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4056751