[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Entry Point

utiba_davidr do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jun 23 08:57:04 EDT 2007

Hi,

   Should the same technique be used to layer xhtml resources like EJB's can be (using the @Install annotation)? If so, how would you have multiple pages.xml files - and would it conflict?

Say I had a real view: "/product/function.xhtml" and I had customised version of it deployed at a particular site called "/site/product/function.xhtml". Could (or rather should) I use this approach:

<page view-id="/product/function.xhtml">
  |     <navigation>
  |         <render view-id="/site/product/function.xhtml"/>
  |     </navigation>
  | </page>

And refer to the view generally as only "/product/function.xhtml", but actually load "/site/product/function.xhtml". Or should I use something like EL at all times and resolve the actual resource via a method call or resource bundle?

What methodology have you used to address this in the past?

Cheers,

David

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4057121#4057121

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4057121