[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Editable tabular data the seam way?

dajevtic do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 25 04:16:53 EDT 2007

Hi everyone?
I have a question regarding a how to:
I want to have a dataTable (jsf ri or richfaces) where I have editable tabular data from a database table. I want (almost) every column to be editable (similar to excel). What is the best (technical) approach to achieve this?
Using framework configurations in components.xml is no good, because the EntityQuery is not held in any context, but is thrown away after the request ends. Also if I want to page fordward or backwards my changes will be discarded and the data will be read from the database again, ignoring my changes.
Currently I have an EJB3 stateful session bean that extends EntityQuery and I can instantiate it in components.xml with any Entity class!
However, I am not sure if there is a better (nicer) way to achieve this.
What is the real Seam-Way to get tabular editable data working?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4057255#4057255

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4057255