[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Enum parameter for EJB, Bug or simply not supported?

lafr do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 25 17:55:50 EDT 2007

Recently I changed a Method parameter in a SessionBean from String to an Enum.
After that I got some serious problems which where caused by the not recognized transaction attribute. The first method parameter in this example is an Enum.
The method was obviously not recognized for RequiresNew and as a consequence no asynchronous behaviour.
We're using JBoss-4.0.4.GA with JDK 1.5.

<container-transaction >
  |       <method>
  |          <ejb-name>MessageSink</ejb-name>
  |          <method-intf>Local</method-intf>
  |          <method-name>appendMessageAsync</method-name>
  |          <method-params>
  |             <method-param>ejb.session.core.MessageSink.Type</method-param>
  |             <method-param>java.lang.Integer</method-param>
  |             <method-param>types.core.MessagePart</method-param>
  |          </method-params>
  |       </method>
  |       <trans-attribute>RequiresNew</trans-attribute>
  |    </container-transaction>

Is using Java5 extensions simply (silently) not supported or is this a bug?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4057511#4057511

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4057511