[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: EJB3/Socket invoker - connection timeouts

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 27 01:41:08 EDT 2007

anonymous wrote :
  | This is how the ServerThreads could miss the notifies from the ServerSocketInvoker (seems much more likely):
  |
  | (1) A ServerThread finishes processing, calls clientpool.notify() and is then suspended by the scheduler
  | (2) ServerSocketInvoker wakes up and calls ServerThread.notify
  | (3) The ServerThread then calls this.wait() and waits forever because it missed the ServerSocketInvoker's notify
  |
  | Each time this happens, it would take a ServerThread out of comission. Eventually you'd run out of ServerThreads.

Before we get in too deep here, check out thread "Important bug in thread pool management" (http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=80814 )
and JIRA issue JBREM-409 (http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBREM-409).  This bug was fixed as of Remoting version 1.4.5.GA, but JBoss Application Server 4.0.5, for example, comes with Remoting 1.4.3.GA.  You should be able to just drop in jboss-remoting.jar from, say, version 1.4.6.GA (the latest in the 1.x line).  Moreover, I believe that the latest version of EJB3 should run with the newest version of Remoting, which is 2.2.0.SP4.

Let me know whether upgrading solves the problem.

-Ron

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4057950#4057950

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4057950