[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Problem with el parameter in dataTaqble

amitev do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 27 03:02:21 EDT 2007

Hi all! I have the following code:

ejb for populating the dataTable

  | @Stateful
  | @Name("projectSearch")
  | public class ProjectSearchBean implements com.amitev.bts.ejb.ProjectSearchLocal {
  |
  |     @PersistenceContext
  |     private EntityManager em;
  |
  |     @DataModel
  |     private List<Project> projects;
  |
  |     @Factory("projects")
  |     @SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
  |     public void retrieveProjects() {
  |         projects = em.createQuery("from Project").getResultList();
  |     }

The web page with the dataTable:

  | <h:dataTable var="proj" value="#{projects}">
  |       <h:column>
  |            <s:link value="#{proj.name}" action="#{projectBrowse.selectProject(proj)}" />
  |      </h:column>
  | </h:dataTable>

And the projectBrowse bean

  | @Stateful
  | @Name("projectBrowse")
  | public class ProjectBrowseBean implements com.amitev.bts.ejb.ProjectConversationLocal {
  |
  |     @PersistenceContext(type=PersistenceContextType.EXTENDED)
  |     private EntityManager em;
  |
  |     @In(required=false) @Out
  |     private Project project;
  |
  |     private Issue issue;
  |
  |     @Begin
  |     public void selectProject(Project selectedProject) {
  |         System.out.println("selectedProject: " + (selectedProject==null));
  |     }

But when i click on the link in the dataTable, null is passed to the selectProject method. The url looks like this:

.../project/list.jsf?actionMethod=pages%2Fproject%2Flist.xhtml%3AprojectBrowse.selectProject%28proj%29&cid=2&dataModelSelection=proj%3Aprojects%5B0%5D

Idea why null is passed to the action method. I saw this code in seam 1.2.1 booking demo so i suppose it has to work.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4057978#4057978

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4057978