[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - @Asynchronous / Conversations / Transactions Best Practices

chane do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 27 12:27:51 EDT 2007

I have an asynchronous method started from a SLSB.  I know I can access the entitymanager in the async SLSB, is it possible to have Conversations or some type of fine grained transaction control.

My async method takes a list of records and iterates over each record.  I need to have the processing for each record occur in a separate transaction.  If I don't use the method in the async mode, I can use Nested Conversations for each record (at least that is what I"m trying to get working now).

It seems that I can not use the conversation context (even a new one) within an async method.

I figure there has to be a way to have control over transactions, I just don't know enough about J2EE transaction control to figure it out.  Any pointers would be helpful.

Thanks,
Chris....

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4058299#4058299

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4058299