[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Problem with injecting EntityManager when invoking actio

tuxzilla do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 27 13:18:15 EDT 2007

Yes I do have getters and setters for the property. It is a POJO. I finally found out the solution. It is simply adding "(required=false)" in the entityManager annotation. This is anti-intuitive because you'd expect entityManager to always be available. But it seems that when the UIInput property is set to sendToFriend bean (through binding not value of input), it is unlike the usual setters where binding is done via value="". When the UIInput is set, entityManager is still null. But when action is invoked, entityManager is no longer null. So the solution is to mark entityManager injection not required to avoid any problem during setting UIInput. It will be automatically created when action is invoked.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4058333#4058333

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4058333