[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: IDE support for Seam

smithbstl do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 28 15:11:45 EDT 2007

Same Boat Here Delphi, the visual editor does not work for me either.

As to Netbeans.  I used the Facelets plugin for about 6 months (since v0.3).  It works pretty well in terms of code completion, syntax highlighting, and some code gen (template creation).  The deal breaker for me eventually was the instability it added to Netbeans.  It kept crashing.  Every couple of days Netbeans would hang.  Just got to be too annoying.  I opted for Exadel when the pro version became free and am excited about RHDS.  I think it is going to be the best bet for full Seam Support (not sure what IDEA has up its sleave, but I know its not a priority for Netbeans or JDeveloper).

Now when the WebBeans JSR becomes a completed spec, a future version of Netbeans may be a viable option.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4058905#4058905

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4058905