[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: When and where to use jBPM in Seam app ?

gavin.king@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 28 19:59:52 EDT 2007

anonymous wrote : When we expose stateful bean as Seam component with scope = business process, it's persistence may be longer than session and continue across sessions/users , right ? If we don't need this object when process ends, then we don't need it to be entity bean and stay in database afterwards. We don't care how Seam/jBPM saves state in context (maybe using the same database), maps table names, fields, etc. Is it good practice to use process-wide stateful bean in such manner, or Entity bean is still recommended ?

I would really strongly recommend against the use of serialized blobs in databases. For the same reason I cited above: how will this work across a system updgrade?

However, with a jBPM Converter, you can sometimes persist some kind of state into jBPMs tables without the need for a binary representation, or a separate entity.

Still, IMO, things that need to persist beyond a user session should usually be entities mapped to welldefined database schemas. You app will be legacy one day.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4058974#4058974

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4058974