[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam & Maven2

viviansteller do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 29 12:39:32 EDT 2007

first of all, thanks guys - especially fers! great work! I really like being able to work with maven (and just with maven;)

Two questions:
1)
I tried the seam archetype from http://software.softeu.cz/seam/ . Seems that this configuration does not work with the current jboss 4.2.0.ga stable release because of the dependency to MyFaces. Are there any plans/ways to switch to JSF RI 1.2?

I already tried the work around as described in http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBoss5AndMyFaces which did not work. There appear more errors concerning listeners afterwards:(

2)
something general about using mavenized seam: I want to head start a new seam/ejb/facelets/jsf1.2 enabled webapp. is it possible to create a "normal" webapp with the maven webapp archetype and than just "bundle" ONLY ONE dependency for the whole seam thing? lateron I would just switch to another version of i.e. seam-ejb and would get newest seam version?
and related to the first question: howto exclude a dependency of i.e. seam-ejb if the container already ships with those jars (i.e. JSF RI)?

Thanks for any answers.
Best regards and keep on the great work!

vivian

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4059250#4059250

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4059250