[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - exceptions.xml : display exception's information

synthez84 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 1 09:38:42 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm looking how to use Seam exception handling with exception.xml, in Seam 1.1.1.
The redirection  seems to be executed, but I know nothing about the exception.

I've got an actionBean, that throw an exception like

  | throw new Exception("Don't worry, just a test...");

My exceptions.xml is :

  | <exceptions>
  |    <exception>
  |       <redirect view-id="/generic_error_page.xhtml">Test</redirect>
  |       <end-conversation/>
  |    </exception>
  | </exceptions>

My generic_error_page.xhtml :

  | <c:if test="${applicationException != null}">
  |       <h:outputText value="#{applicationException.localizedMessage}" />
  |   </c:if>

When I call my actionBean, Exception is thrown and I'm redirected in generic_error_page.xhtml. But no message in it.

What should I do to have an error page with all exception's information?

Thanks in advance

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4024280#4024280

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4024280