[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - ResourceBundle in hebrew / default locale

trouby do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 1 11:22:13 EST 2007

Hi,
I have two questions regarding resource bundles and locales,

I've set two locales in faces-config.xml as follows:

  | <application>
  |         <locale-config>
  | 			<default-locale>en_US</default-locale>
  | 			<supported-locale>en_US</supported-locale>
  |             <supported-locale>he</supported-locale>
  |         </locale-config>
  |     </application>

For some reason the deault locale being the 'he' (Hebrew) one and not 'en_US' that was set as default.

Second question, I'm not sure this is even a Seam issue, but hebrew messages being displayed as gibrish, I use UTF-8 as the browse encoding and encoded all messages inside messages_iw.properties in UTF-8 too, but they are not getting displayed so well.
Any clue?

Thanks a lot,

Asaf.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4024334#4024334