[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Is CMP 1.1 with jaws.xml no longer supported?

snicholls11 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 1 17:12:44 EST 2007

I have a client who has some legacy CMP 1.1 code with finders configured in a jaws.xml file.  When attempting to deploy the application on JBoss 4.0.4GA, they are now encountering an exception like the following:

javax.ejb.FinderException: Unknown query:
 public abstract java.util.Collection test.ejb.CmpTest.findSomething() throws java.rmi.RemoteException,javax.ejb.FinderException

Finders like findByPrimaryKey and findAll work, but I believe this is because of default implementations generated on deployment.

Basically, it appears the jaws.xml configuration file is completely ignored.  Interestingly, the distribution still contains a standardjaws.xml file, but I'm guessing this is a remnant.

Can someone confirm that the jaws.xml configurations are no longer supported as of a certain release of JBoss AS?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4024477#4024477

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4024477