[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Auth How to

vlmcouto do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 2 14:30:25 EST 2007

Well, I think I wasn't clear, sorry.
I know how to store encrypted passwords in the database, it's an easy thing.
Today, when the server shows the login form, with the DataBaseServerLoginModule, I can connect with the database by the pure text credentials passed through j_security_check, reading two tables in the database.
By this way, I can connect successfully, but I can "see" the password in the users table (of course, I know that you know that too)!  I know how to encrypt this password using a database function, but how I'll do the text password from the login page be compared with that encrypted password?
I will work later on this, and I think the link will be helpfull, but if you have any other help/examples I appreciate.
Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4024737#4024737

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4024737