[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - transition to DOES_NOT_EXIST; my partnerLink name matches st

meghanai_99 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 2 17:38:35 EST 2007

My BPEL has partnerLink defined like this -
<partnerLink name="NewHireClient" partnerLinkType="tns:AlfServiceFlow" myRole="AlfServiceFlowProvider" />

and webservices.xml has

  | <init-param>
  |           <description>
  |             name of the partner link served by this port
  |           </description>
  |           <param-name>partnerLinkHandle</param-name>
  |           <param-value>NewHireClient</param-value>
  |         </init-param>

Last time when I got this exception

  | 14:19:24,213 INFO  [ServiceEndpointManager] WebService started: http://HQ02022:8
  | 080/NewHire/newhire
  | 14:21:04,100 WARN  [HandlerWrapper] RuntimeException in handler method, transiti
  | on to DOES_NOT_EXIST
  | 14:21:04,100 ERROR [HandlerChainBaseImpl] RuntimeException in request handler
  | java.lang.NullPointerException
  |         at org.jbpm.bpel.integration.server.SoapHandler.sendRequest(SoapHandler.
  | java:324)
  |         at org.jbpm.bpel.integration.server.SoapHandler.handleRequest(SoapHandle
  | r.java:188)
  |         at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxrpc.handler.HandlerWrapper.handleRequest(Handler
  | Wrapper.java:121)
  |         at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxrpc.handler.HandlerChainBaseImpl.handleRequestIn
  | ternal(HandlerChainBaseImpl.java:275)
  |
  | 14:21:04,210 WARN  [HandlerWrapper] Handler is in state DOES_NOT_EXIST, skipping
  |  Handler.handleFault for: org.jbpm.bpel.integration.server.SoapHandler at d60cd6

My partnerLink names were not matching. But now they do. so under what other circumstances the handler throws that exception? Because from the stack trace it is really hard to tell where else the BPEL process is misconfigured :(.

BTW, in case this is related to http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBWS-1553

I am following the workaround suggested by Alex in this thread.

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=101479&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

Thank you,
Meghana

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4024772#4024772