[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Issue deploying multiple Seam webapps

lswindale do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 2 22:15:27 EST 2007

We've recently upgraded from Seam 1.0.1 to Seam 1.1.6.  Previously we had jboss-seam.jar and jboss-seam-ui.jar in the jboss deploy directory.  With the upgrade we've changed to the new structure where these jar's are packaged into the ear file.

The first two apps we deployed worked fine... but when trying to deploy a 3rd seam app we get a deployment error.  More precisely:

anonymous wrote : java.lang.IllegalStateException: duplicate factory for: actor

I'm assuming this is due to the fact that we have deployed multiple seam apps, each containing a copy of jboss-seam.jar (which contains the factory "actor").  Is this a bug or should I be taking a diferent approach with how we are deploying these apps and/or defining them in application.xml?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4024803#4024803

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4024803