[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Spontaneous undeployment under stress load

ktorn do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 6 06:29:14 EST 2007

I'm unsure where to post this, but as this issue manifested itself whilst stress loading a Resource Adapter I though I'd post it here.

As anyone ever witnessed the spontaneous undeployment of farmed applications (in a JBoss cluster) when an application is under stress?

We're managing this feat when flooding a custom built TCP listening Resource Adapter with concurrent requests (TCP packets). The RA works well with between 50 and 100 concurrent requests, but as soon as we increase the load to 500+ concurrent requests the cluster starts undeploying a number of applications, most totally unrelated to the RA.

I've so far been unable to replicate this on my dev machine (stress test client, JBoss and DB all running locally) but it keeps happening on our test setup (stress test client, JBoss and DB on 3 separate machines). We've tried ruling out the cluster, by only running one JBoss instance, and it also undeployed most applications under stress on its own.

I'm trying to replicate this on my machine so that I can get some more details, but I thought I'd ask here for any hints in case it rings any bells with anyone.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4025352#4025352

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4025352