[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Order of node start up works one way, but not the other way

PhilipWu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 6 12:46:07 EST 2007

Hi folks,

I'm having trouble trying to figure this out. Any help would be appreciated.
I have 2 nodes that I am trying to cluster.

If I start up node A and then node B, I get an error saying

12:35:05,988 WARN  [ServiceController] Problem starting service jboss.cache:service=TomcatClusteringCache
org.jboss.cache.CacheException: Initial state transfer failed: Channel.getState() returned false

However, if I start up node B and then node A, everything starts up just fine.

Firewalls are disabled and both have the same cluster-service.xml configuration. I have read some FAQs saying that I should increase timeout, but that didn't help either. I also set the following in my tree cache configuration:

    <pbcast.STATE_TRANSFER down_thread="true" up_thread="true"/>

And that didn't help either.

Any ideas?

thanx,
Phil