[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: seam gen - which one?

stu2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 6 20:33:04 EST 2007

Oops!  Let's try that again...

"gavin.king at jboss.com" wrote : anonymous wrote : is support for the WTP planned?

  | This is a subject of debate between myself and Max.

I'm sure supporting the typical WTP project structures would make seam-gen and the build script substantially more complex, and generally be a pita for the already-busy dev team.

But this structure (web, java and ear projects for instance) is extremely common outside of seam projects.  And trying to shoehorn current seam-gen's output into this structure is a bear - you're basically asking to spend a lot of time getting it to work again (unless you're a seam veteran).  And after it works again, seam-gen's handy new-stuff tasks no longer put things in the "right" place.

I think the above represents an adoption barrier to seam.  I've been using the current seam-gen produced structure, and it works fine.  But when I later go back to my client and try to convince them to consider seam, having an only-seam-projects-look-like-this structure will make it a hard sell.  Sounds silly given how fantastic seam is.  But it's also true.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4025645#4025645

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4025645