[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - SeamSelectItemsNewDesign Problem with converting

grdzeli_kaci do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 7 02:02:59 EST 2007

hi petemuir,
i found your project "SeamSelectItemsNewDesign", i tryed to use it, download selectitems-1.1.1beta4.

than i put selectitems.jar and selectitems-ui.jar into my WEB-INF/lib.

then i tryed to fill application combo with application name
Application class is simple database entity bean has properties applicId,name,code,description

then i wrote entity query into my componets.xml file

  | <framework:entity-query name="applications" ejbql="select a from Application a" />

and then i wrote simple converter class

and in the end into my facelet i wrote this :

  | <h:selectOneMenu styleClass="font_style" value="#{application.name}" converter="#{exampleBean}">
  |                                         <si:selectItems value="#{applications.resultList}" var="application" label="#{application.name}" />
  |                                     </h:selectOneMenu>
  |                                     <h:messages style="color: red" for="application"/>

i found discussion about this problem
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4001066#4001066

you said :
anonymous wrote :
  | The first issue I suspect is a class loading problem - you probably have multiple (stale) copies of the selectitems.jar floating around.

i'm sure that i had only one selectitems.jar and selectitems-ui.jar into my ear file
which contains war file, such contains this files into web-inf/lib folder

i also read this and done everything
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=SeamEntityConverter

but i got an error again and again :(

  | javax.faces.FacesException: Converter must implement SelectItemsConverter: com.magticom.billing.businesslayer.sessionbeans.ccare.ExampleBean at 1c2832e
  |         at org.jboss.seam.selectitems.ui.UISeamSelectItems.addConverters(UISeamSelectItems.java:364)
  |         at org.jboss.seam.selectitems.ui.UISeamSelectItems.getValue(UISeamSelectItems.java:246)
  |         at org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.util.SelectItemsIterator.hasNext(SelectItemsIterator.java:102)
  |         at org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.RendererUtils.internalGetSelectItemList(RendererUtils.java:477)

what did i wrong ? i did not changed entitymanager and i think i must not add any config into my components.xml

Regards,
Paata.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4025682#4025682

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4025682