[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - JSF Cyrillic

pesho4uka do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 7 03:45:16 EST 2007

  Sorry for posting here i am not sure where to place this post. I suspect that there may be some JBOSS related configurational issue.
I am trying to start a simple JSF application that display cyrillic.
The application is exactly one <h:outputtext>. I am using eclipse and i needed to change the encoding to Windows-1251.

<%@page language="java" pageEncoding="WINDOWS-1251" contentType="text/html; charset=WINDOWS-1251" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" prefix="h" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" prefix="f" %>
<f:loadBundle basename="resources.application" var="bundle"/>
<f:view>

<h:outputText value="#{bundle['welcome.title']}" />

<h:outputText value="#{bundle['welcome.heading']}" />
<h:outputText value="#{bundle['welcome.message']}" />

</f:view>

In the browser the cyrrilic is broken. I set the browser encoding to CP1251. I tryed the same example with UTF8.
I use JBOSS 4.0.5

Thanks for the help. I really try to search the forum for the same problem but i couldnt find a solution.

Message was edited by:
PeshoChuka

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4025695#4025695

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4025695