[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Rollback exceptions without ending the conversation

enazareno do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 7 03:56:02 EST 2007

Hi,

     I am developing a CRUD application. When I start editing a bean, I begin a conversation. I do some other transactions that spans multiple pages. The conversation ends when I save successfully.  If there are database exceptions that occur, I would like to display the same page where the error occured with some matching message without ending the conversation. I tried the exceptions.xml as in the docs, but it redirects it to an error page and it seems you need to end the conversation. If I end the conversation, I cant get back to my current conversation and lose the changes I've made.  This sounds a very basic functionality but I have been struggling with this. If somebody has worked out a similar problem, I'd appreciate it a lot if you can help me out. Thanks.

Regards,

Elmo

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4025703#4025703

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4025703