[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - SeamEntityConverter - Cannot access entityManager

giannidoe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 7 05:18:26 EST 2007

Just starting out with EJB3 and Seam ....
I have followed the Wiki instructions for using s:selectItems with the SeamEntityConverter to populate a select menu, the menu is populated correctly but when I sumbit the form I get a Faces Message:
"Cannot access entityManager; Either use the default name (entityManager) for your entity manager or specify it in components.xml"

I do have the entity manager specified in components.xml:

<components
<core:managed-persistence-context
    name="entityManager"
    persistence-unit-jndi-name="java:/Orpello-PU"
    auto-create="true" />

<h:selectOneMenu value="#{appUser.title}"
    id="usertitle" required="true" >
  <s:selectItems value="#{personTitles}"
      var="personTitle"
      label="#{personTitle.description}"
      noSelectionLabel="#{msgs['label.please-select']}"
      hideNoSelectionLabel="true" />
  <ec:convertEntity />
</h:selectOneMenu>

Seam version: 1.2.0.PATCH1

Not sure where to go next and I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.
Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4025726#4025726

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4025726