[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: exception when run jboss-4.0.4 with the jboss federation

sohil.shah@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 7 11:34:53 EST 2007

Hi charles-

Authorization functions which is what you need for roles based access to your function tree inside your web application.

That is out-of-scope of the SSO Framework. The SSO Framework deals with authentication aspect providing Single Sign On across a Federation of web applications.

To solve the Authorization issue, I would recommed looking at something like JACC, Acegi, or the new Authorization Engine built-in with the Seam framework.

btw- can you also tell me how you solved the above problem. Is there something there was missing that made this not work out-of-the-box or was it some configuration setting. I want to make sure the out-of-the-box experience of the SSO Framework goes smoothly.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4025858#4025858

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4025858