[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Almost ready to give up... (Tomcat woes galore)

mrines77 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 7 13:52:12 EST 2007

Mike, don't give up! i too was developing for Tomcat5.5.20/Seam1.2 and had a lot of problems with conflicting versions of oh so many jar files (JAR Hell is evident when working within this environ, some of which is jsf related). So what I did, as a temporary work around is to subclass all seam related and myfaces related listeners specified in my web.xml, components.xml, faces-config.xml... and put log statements and try-catch blocks around each overriden method. The try-catch consumes all Throwables and prints log statements with stack trace. That allows me to continue developing without my pages throwing the underlying exceptions and making my life a bit less frustrating. Hope this helps. This is of course not recommended for production. You can directly email me at mrines77 at gmail.com, if you prefer.
Mark
PS(Now I am moving to Tomcat 6.0.10 (just released) since it is supposed to support the new jsp and jsf standards. Probably going to have different problems but those will, again be relagated away from the page display.)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4025907#4025907

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4025907