[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Hot redeployment

cja987 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 7 14:04:08 EST 2007

"gavin.king at jboss.com" wrote : I've just committed a new feature to CVS that lets code changes made to Seam JavaBean components be visible immediately without a container restart.

Mmmm yeah, take that tapestry 5.  I think I'm going to have to migrate away from EJB's sooner rather than later to take advantage of stuff like this (it's not like I use them, but I did like having web services available if I needed them).  I'm thinking that in a couple years, all java frameworks are going to move to a "hot replace" model (and here's where the smalltalk crowd gets to be smug).

There's also a push these days toward OSGi as a way to dynamically construct systems.  Does Seam have a strategy for that?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4025913#4025913

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4025913