[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - problem generics and pretty printer

axelgrrr do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 7 15:03:45 EST 2007

i'm using JPA/EJB3/jboss (4.0.5.GA) in my diploma-project.
I run into a problem concerning using generics in my @Entity classes.
The entity class does have a generic payload extending java.io.Serializable which in truth is just used with a string. I try to map it with @org.hibernate.annotations.Type( type="serializable") or type="string".
in a stripped down version of the project it simply works, but in the real one it doesnt.

so after debugging:
what happens is that the payload value is passed through to ComponentType.toLoggableString; the value is a string.
tuplizerMapping.guessEntityMode guesses a null entityMode and ComponentType throws a ClassCastexception.

i'm sorry i couldnt isolate the issue. it works in the stripped down project. dont see any difference in deployment or the affected source code though.
hope you can help. have to switch to DAO's and JDBC if i cant figure this out.
i'm *scared* :-o
hope you can help

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4025931#4025931

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4025931