[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Newbie: why em.persist() not writing (flush) to DB until ano

lisaanm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 8 09:33:04 EST 2007

Hi.,
 May a silly question but i'm new to Seam.

I have a Seam CRUD application with very limited annotations (left to default in most cases). Problem with Entity beans (EB with only @Entitiy annotation).
  I'm using a plain POJO and wrapping Entity Bean like this

In StateSessionBean:
  WorkOnEntityBean workOnEntityBean = new WorkOnEntityBean(new SeamEntityBean());

  and then using this workOnEntityBean on XTHML page like StateSessionBean.workOnEntityBean.seamEntityBean.someField

  now user clicks a save action method

  where
  em.persist(StateSessionBean.workOnEntityBean.seamEntityBean);

  Now I could see only some select statements (some sequence stms.) in my console and no INSERT/UPDATE.

  But then after render/response phase, on other page if i click someother action method (of same bean) then  I could see INSERT/UPDATE statements.

  I don't know why its happening. I think i'm missing something.

  Any help would be highly appreciated.

  Thanks
  Lisa

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4026247#4026247