[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - [EJB3 WebService] How handle SOAPException better?

Marco.Pehla do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 8 10:12:36 EST 2007

Hello everybody,

I've some problems with the SOAPException handling. I wrote a EJB3 with @WebMethods and JBoss generates automatically the corresponding WSDL catalogue. In order to get a declaration of a fault message inside the WSDL, I have to throw a SOAPException in my @WebMethod.

e.g.

  | @WebMethod
  | public String doSomething(String input) throws SOAPException {
  |
  |    String result = "Hello World!";
  |
  |    if(input.equals("")) {
  |      throw new SOAPException("No input specified.");
  |    }//if
  |
  | return result;
  | }//doSomething()

My client is written in PHP and able to handle SOAPExceptions like desired. If I send an empty request to my Web Service then JBoss sends a SOAPException back to the PHP client which handles this exception.

Everytime the Web Service creates a SOAPException, I get a really huge output on my JBoss console.

How could I avoid this? I mean, is it possible to handle this exceptions by myself? Or is this the normal behaviour of a SOAPException?

PS: I know, I could put this "throw new SOAPException" inside of a try-catch block, but as everybody know the client of the Web Service gets then no SOAPException message. So I need to let the exception be handled by the EJB container. Or have I to do it in the catch block?)

with kind regards,
Marco

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4026262#4026262

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4026262