[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Best practice: pre/post population of Entities

gzoller do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 8 10:26:39 EST 2007

Hello,

I'd value people's input on the best practice for the following:

I have an Entity Foo.  Some of Foo's fields are bound to form fields on a page (a seam-gen create page in this example).

Before showing the page to the user I want to create a Foo instance and pre-populate some of Foo's fields from the context (eg. logged-in user name).  Then the user will populate most of Foo's fields like normal using the form bindings.  Finally I want to post-populate some Foo fields after the user submits the form but before continuing to the next page.

I started playing with this and found myself delving into some weird hacks, so I'm 99% sure I'm going the wrong way. :-~

Thoughts?
Greg

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4026271#4026271

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4026271