[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - Receiving no notifications from registered MBeans

mastrix do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 9 08:11:16 EST 2007

Hi, i'm using JBoss 4.0.5 and Java5.
I registered my custom MBean on the JBoss MBeanServer like this

MBeanServer server = MBeanServerLocator.locateJBoss();
  | server.registerMBean(myMBean, new ObjectName("org.example:type=MyNotificationEmitter"));

My MBean implements DynamicMBean and extends NotificationBroadcastSupport to emit notifications.

I run jboss with the options

JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Djboss.platform.mbeanserver -Djavax.management.builder.initial=org.jboss.system.server.jmx.MBeanServerBuilderImpl

to see the registered MBean on jconsole.
Now my problem is, that i can't subscribe for notifications because the notification-tab is disabled.
When i select a also registered Service-MBean which extends from ServiceMBeanSupport the notification-tab is enabled and i receive notifications.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4026595#4026595

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4026595