[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam & Trinidad.

petemuir do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Mar 10 16:59:06 EST 2007

"adamkoprowski" wrote : However, I'm somehow less impressed with the fact that it does not fully cooperate with Trinidad - a component library on which I am (just as tons of other people) heavily relying.

Part of the problem here is that Trinidad have taken ages to get a release out - once their 1.0.0 release is out (any day now I think) we can start improving Seam integration.

anonymous wrote : -) As I read on this forum (and experienced myself) I cannot use Seam's extended EL  (parameters to methods) with Trinidad.

I don't know of anyone who has got this working.

anonymous wrote : -) As I'm dealing with Trinidad table @DataModel and @DataModelSelection won't work.

They *should* do - and I haven't heard anyone say they don't.  The current feeling is that page parameters are better than @DataModel stuff.  If they aren't working with Trinidad can you file a JIRA issue, and I'll try to take a look.

anonymous wrote : -) My first idea was to use plain <f:param> to propagate the id of table entry but I want to do redirect to detail page so request parameters are not propagated, right?

If you do a redirect yes.  Thats why we have page parameters in pages.xml.

anonymous wrote : -) My second idea was to use the Seam pages.xml mechanism for request parameters propagation with the following navigation entry:

  |   | <page view-id="/master.xhtml">
  |   |   <navigation>
  |   |     <rule if-outcome="viewDetail">
  |   |       <redirect view-id="/detail.xhtml">
  |   |         <param name="id" value="#{master.selectedEntry.id}"/>
  |   |       </redirect>
  |   |     </rule>
  |   |   </navigation>
  |   | </page>
  |   |
  |   But then in selectedEntry I need to figure out which table entry was clicked but for some reason the component tree has only AjaxViewRoot root component with no children.
  |   Hence my questions: is it normal that the component tree is not available in this context? If not what may I be doing wrong? If so, how can I get the id of selected table entry?

I don't get *why* you need to do this.  Surely with the id of the selectedEntry you can load it from the persistence context and edit it?  Take a look at the way a seam-gen'd project does things - that demonstrates the use of page parameters for master/detail.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4026915#4026915

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4026915