[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Hibernate -> not-null property references a null or transien

sandrocchio_0.1 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Mar 11 11:25:42 EDT 2007

Hello there,
I've started using Hibernate with EJB3, but I've got the following error:

javax.ejb.EJBException: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: org.hibernate.PropertyValueException: not-null property references a null or transient value: eu.virtualLab.users.model.Usr.password

I've followed many tutorials (and probably this is the real problem) and my code seems to be fine

the facade bean:
//add user to database
  |         logger.info("[addUsr] password value? -> "+password);
  |         Usr user = new Usr(username,password,_role,_name,surname,companyName,vat,
  |                 address,city,postcode,country,email,phone,false);
  |         em.persist(user);

The POJO
@Column(name="password", nullable=false)
  |     private String password;
  |     public String getPassword() {
  |         return password;
  |     }
  |     public void setPassword(String password) {
  |         this.password = password;
  |     }

The persistence.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <persistence version="1.0" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence"
  | xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  | xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_1_0.xsd">
  |   <persistence-unit name="Users-EJBModulePU" transaction-type="RESOURCE_LOCAL">
  |     <!-- Jboss uses hibernate as default persistence engine
  |         <provider>org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence</provider> -->
  |     <jta-data-source>java:/MySqlDS</jta-data-source>
  |     <class>eu.virtualLab.users.model.Usr</class>
  |     <exclude-unlisted-classes>true</exclude-unlisted-classes>
  |     <properties>
  |       <property name="hibernate.dialect" value="org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL5Dialect"/>
  |       <!-- Show and print nice SQL on stdout -->
  |       <property name="hibernate.show_sql" value="true"/>
  |       <property name="hibernate.format_sql" value="true"/>
  |       <!-- Use it just in development -->
  |       <property name="hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto" value="create-drop"/>
  |     </properties>
  |   </persistence-unit>
  | </persistence>
The password parameter is not empty (it is showed by the logger), so where is my mistake?

Thanks in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4026959#4026959

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4026959