[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam-managed persistence contexts and Glassfish

giannidoe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 12 03:53:21 EDT 2007

Has anyone had any success using SMPCs and Glassfish?
All the Glassfish examples I have come accross use a standard JPA persistence context rather than seam-managed i.e.
@PersistenceContext
  | EntityManager entityManager;
instead of..
@In
  | EntityManager entityManager;

In the Seam documentation for SMPC it says to make sure the EntityManagerFactory is bound into JNDI, which under JBoss is done with a persistence unit property.
<property name="jboss.entity.manager.factory.jndi.name" value="java:comp/env/persistence/My-PU"/>

I can't seem to find any way to do this globally under Glassfish and the only solutions I have come accross is to bind the EntityManagerFactory on an individual ejb basis in ejb-jar.xml

<enterprise-beans>
  |   <session>
  |     <ejb-name>MyBean</ejb-name>
  |     <persistence-unit-ref>
  |         <persistence-unit-ref-name>persistence/My-PU</persistence-unit-ref-name>
  |         <persistence-unit-name>My-PU</persistence-unit-name>
  |     </persistence-unit-ref>
  |   </session>
  | </enterprise-beans>

This approach works fine fine for session beans but doesn't cater for non-ejb components such as the seam EntityConverter. When I try to use <s:convertEntity /> in a select list it fails to find the Persistence Unit in JNDI.

anonymous wrote : Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: No object bound to name java:comp/env/persistence/My-PU
  |         at com.sun.enterprise.naming.NamingManagerImpl.lookup(NamingManagerImpl.java:751)
  |         at com.sun.enterprise.naming.java.javaURLContext.lookup(javaURLContext.java:156)
  |         at com.sun.enterprise.naming.SerialContext.lookup(SerialContext.java:307)
  |         at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)
  |         at org.jboss.seam.core.ManagedPersistenceContext.getEntityManagerFactoryFromJndiOrValueBinding(ManagedPersistenceContext.java:160)
  |         ... 65 more

Any suggestions as to how to overcome this problem would be much appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4027068#4027068

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4027068