[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: How do I use MIME types other than text/xml

heiko.braun@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 12 08:14:01 EDT 2007

Looking at that exception

anonymous wrote :
  | java] org.jboss.ws.core.jaxrpc.binding.BindingException: Mime type application/octet not allowed for parameter DataHandler_4 allowed types are [text/xml]

i assume that you are not using MTOM at all. That particular error occurs when sending an SWA attachment where the mime types of the datahandler doesn't match the WSDL.

I would suggest to first make sure that mtom is enabled for your endpoint:
http://jbws.dyndns.org/mediawiki/index.php/JAX-WS_User_Guide#MTOM.2FXOP

This would then already solve the later problem i guess.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4027138#4027138

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4027138