[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Problem looking up EJB session bean (Name not bound)

tonylmai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 12 12:34:01 EDT 2007

I think the problem I am having is relating to the way I packaged my ear file.

When I unpacked the ear and deployed only the jar file, I had no problem looking up the remote interfaces.

I would greatly appreciate if someone can help clarifying what I need in my ear file. O'Reilly's Enterprise JavaBeans 3.0 does not seem to address this at all.

Here is the structure of my ear file:
test.ear
  |   test-ds.xml
  |   test.jar
  |   META-INF
  |     application.xml
  |     MANIFEST.MF

My application.xml contains the following:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <application>
  |    <display-name>test</display-name>
  |    <description>Test Project</description>
  |    <!-- The EJB-JAR -->
  |    <!-- TODO: JBoss needs 'ejb' element but the spec requires 'persistence'    -->
  |    <module>
  |    <!--
  |       <ejb>test.jar</ejb>
  |       -->
  |       <persistence>test.jar</persistence>
  |    </module>
  | </application>

And my test-ds.xml is as followed:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <datasources>
  |    <local-tx-datasource>
  |       <jndi-name>testDS</jndi-name>
  |       <connection-url>jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:1814;databaseName=test;selectMethod=cursor;</connection-url>
  |       <driver-class>com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver</driver-class>
  |       <user-name>***</user-name>
  |       <password>***</password>
  |       <transaction-isolation>TRANSACTION_READ_COMMITTED</transaction-isolation>
  |       <min-pool-size>25</min-pool-size>
  |       <max-pool-size>100</max-pool-size>
  |       <blocking-timeout-millis>5000</blocking-timeout-millis>
  |       <idle-timeout-minutes>15</idle-timeout-minutes>
  |       <prepared-statement-cache-size>75</prepared-statement-cache-size>
  |    </local-tx-datasource>
  | </datasources>

I think my test-ds.xml is OK because it worked with plain jar deployment. What else missing in my application.xml file?

Thanks for your help.
-tony

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4027244#4027244

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4027244