[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - jboss-4.2.0.CR1 and jboss portal 2.4.1

grininger.h do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 12 12:35:20 EDT 2007

jboss-4.2.0.CR1 and jboss portal 2.4.1 -
does/should the combination work?

On my first try I got the following exception (while deploying portal-core-war)

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener

so I downloaded myfaces and copied all myfaces jars into the /server/default/lib, so the ClassNotFoundException was gone. but the jboss-portal still doesnt work, on startup I got  the following exception, however I'm not sure if that's the real problem:

  | 17:26:07,192 WARN  [ServiceController] Problem starting service portal:deployer=Adapter
  | org.jboss.portal.server.deployment.CannotCreatePortletWebAppException: JBossWeb cannot handle it
  |         at org.jboss.portal.server.deployment.PortalWebAppFactory.create(PortalWebAppFactory.java:70)
  |         at org.jboss.portal.server.deployment.WebAppIntercepter.startService(WebAppIntercepter.java:185)
  |         at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalStart(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:289)
  |         at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.start(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:196)

So my main question is now, is jboss 4.2.0 CR1 and portal 2.4.1 compatible?

Generally I think this information should be presented at a prominent position, I didn't find it.

Thanks in advance. Hubert

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4027247#4027247

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4027247