[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Issue with Seam and Tomcat 6 during tomcat startup

lle do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 12 14:08:49 EDT 2007

Hi Rich,

I am very sure it is not an issue with port conflicts.  I installed both versions of tomcat as standalone installation, not window services.
For the behavior, as soon as I started Tomcat, after Seam has finished successfully initializing my application, then it dropped the application context as shown in my previous log snippet.  As a result, I couldn't even get to the log in page.  I think the little difference of the time when the context is dropped between yours and mine might be due to my app has an app-scope component.  Hence, the context was dropped as soon as it  finished initialization.  Does your app have any app-scope component?  If not, then I think my theory is correct (i.e. your app drops the context after you get to the login page since it's after the context has been initialized, maybe???).
I did deploy a non-Seam webapp and it worked fine with Tomcat 6.  I used the Tomahawk examples webapp, so it is also a JSF app.
It is definitely something to do with Seam and Tomcat 6.  This line in the log file marked the begining of the context dropping:
2007.03.12 10:51:45,504 DEBUG [Lifecycle] Undeploying, destroying application context
Do you have something similar in your log file?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4027288#4027288

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4027288